How to Access the Eiffel Tower Summit? | Tickets, Entrances, Tips & more
Explore the Eiffel Tower Top
The Eiffel Tower is an architectural marvel that's come to be associated as an iconic symbol of France and Parisian culture. This wrought-iron structure was an architectural feat of its time and now, it’s hard to imagine the city without it. Standing tall at a height of 330m, the tower is divided into three sections – the first floor, second floor, and the summit.
While Eiffel Tower summit tickets are more expensive than visiting the second floor, the view, vibe, and overall experience are more than worth the price of admission. Wondering how to make your experience at the Eiffel Tower summit memorable? Our in-depth guide will help you.
Why Visit the Summit of Eiffel Tower?
How To Get To The Eiffel Tower Top?
Eiffel Tower Summit Highlights
Views of the City
The Summit offers spectacular views of the city of Paris. There are also telescopes if you want to get a closer view of the city below or any of its iconic landmarks like the Invalides Museum, the Louvre, Champs de Mars, and more. It’s a sight to behold.
Gustave Eiffel's Office
Get a glimpse into what chief engineer Gustave Eiffel’s office looked like back in the day. The office has recently been restored to its original condition. It includes life-like wax models depicting Gustave and his daughter Claire welcoming American inventor Thomas Edison. There’s also a gramophone gifted to Gustave by Edison.
The Champagne Bar
Raise a toast to an amazing tour as you bask in the breathtaking views of the city from the top of the tower. The Champagne Bar offers a choice between rose or white champagne served chilled. It’s the best place to grab a drink and unwind after a rather tiring tour with spectacular views of the whole city to give you company.
Facilities on the Summit of the Eiffel Tower
The summit has a few facilities that you can avail of and enjoy on your visit.
- You can treat yourself to some delicious snacks available at the food stalls on top of the tower.
- Enjoy a drink at the Champagne Bar after a tiring tour. Buy souvenirs and other products from the gift shops at the summit.
- There are toilets and baby changing facilities available as well.
- Book your tickets to the Eiffel Tower online and well in advance as ticket queues can be over 3 hours long during peak hours or season.
- There’s no storage locker facility available. Therefore, make sure you’re not carrying any heavy luggage.
- You can reach the Summit only through the elevator on the second floor.
- The tower is wheelchair friendly and accessible to those with reduced mobility.
- Get a closer glimpse of important Parisian landmarks through the telescopes at the Summit.
- Don’t miss out on the panoramic maps and the model of the Summit from 1889 on display.
Frequently Asked Questions About Eiffel Tower First Floor
A. The stairway to the Summit is not open to the public. You can only get to the top by taking the elevator on the second floor of the tower.
A. The summit is at a height of 276m from the ground.
A. The elevator on the second floor will take you to the Eiffel Tower Summit. The stairway is not accessible to the public.
A. Enjoy unobstructed, panoramic views of the city, grab a drink at the Champagne Bar, and visit Gustave Eiffel’s office, which has been restored to its original condition. Also, take a look at the panoramic maps and the model of the Summit from 1889 on display. Buy souvenirs from the gift shops or munch on some food while you enjoy the view from the Summit.
A. You can only take the elevator to the Eiffel Tower Summit. The stairway is not open to the public. However, the elevator on the second floor of the tower will take you to the top.