Visiting Eiffel Tower at Night | Tours, Things to do, Dining Options
Night has its own beauty and visiting the Eiffel Tower during dusk is an exciting experience. It's far more relaxed. The view of the City of Lights all lit up for the evening is beautiful – like watching the stars on the Earth. Savor the experience and enjoy the adventure! Here is everything you need to know to plan a trip to the Eiffel Tower at night.
Why Visit the Eiffel Tower at Night?
The night is the time when nature’s lights dim and man-made lights illuminate the strong outlines and arches of the Eiffel Tower. The Tower stands like a beacon near the Seine glowing gently, beckoning you. Why resist the temptation when it is the Iron Lady lit up in all her glory asking you to explore her wonders?
Enjoy the unique ambiance as you climb the stairs of the well-lit tower. You can explore the many gastronomical delights that are offered in the Tower itself while enjoying fabulous views of Paris at night. Go up to the top of the Tower and have a sip of champagne at the Champagne Bar while you snack on some delightful finger food and look over the romantic city of Paris as it sparkles with city light.
Highlights of Your Eiffel Tower At Night
Climbing the Tower
While climbing you can get a perspective of your location and get a bird’s eye view of all the famous monuments around Paris like the Sacre Coeur Church, the Notre Dame, Montparnasse Tower and other beautiful architectural gems of the city. These buildings are all illuminated so while climbing at your own pace, you can view other marvelous places that are illuminated against the night, enhancing your climb and making it a breathtaking experience.
There are many gastronomical delights that cater to every palate and budget in and around the Eiffel Tower while enjoying delightful views. There is the Champagne Bar at the very top of the Tower that serves champagne as well as other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages along with some light eats. It is one of the most romantic experiences to sip at exquisite champagne while looking down at Paris – all lit up and beautiful at your feet!
Eiffel Tower Illuminated
Since 1985, the Eiffel Tower's structure has been fitted with 336 yellow-orange spotlights that highlight the tower's structure along with ensuring its safe nighttime operation. The projectors are turned on automatically with the help of nightfall sensors. For 5 minutes at the beginning of each hour until 1 AM, the sparking lights are laid over the golden lights. In the last illumination of the night, at 1 AM, the golden lights go out and the Tower is left to sparkle for 10 minutes.
The summit of the Eiffel Tower was equipped with a beacon with the help of four semi-circular, metal arches joined together above the third floor that supports a small platform that holds the lantern. These beacons have a reach of 80 kilometers (50 miles).
Plan Your Eiffel Tower at Night Experience
- Since it is centrally located near the Seine you can walk along the river and experience the most romantic city in the world from a different vantage point.
- Learn about the history of the city and its monuments by going on an evening bus tour of the city.
- Enjoy some delicious French fare at one of the many eateries and pubs of the city. Au bon accueil, De la Tour, and Le P'tit Troquet, are some popular options nearby.
- The Trocadero Gardens is a must-visit. You can enjoy the striking views of the Eiffel Tower or just take a stroll along the area overlooking the Seine River.
Tips for Visiting Eiffel at Night
- Dress in warm clothes since it will be cold and windy at the top of the Tower all year.
- The counter for tickets to the Eiffel Tower closes at 11:00 PM so plan accordingly.
- Restaurants in the Eiffel Tower have a dress code of casual, formal, or semi formal. Sportswear is a definite no-no so please dress with this in mind while visiting the Eiffel Tower.
- There are no lockers for luggage in the Eiffel Tower so please don’t carry too many bags or valuables.
- Toilets and baby care are available on the first and second floors but not at the top.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Eiffel Tower at Night
A. The Eiffel Tower is open till 11:45 PM at night but tickets are available only till 11 PM.
A. The Eiffel ticket prices start at €36 and it varies based on whether they are guided tours or have any other offerings. The time slot of your visit does not affect the cost of your Eiffel Tower tickets.
A. A. There are restaurants in the Eiffel Tower such as the La Jules Verne, and the Champagne Bar apart from other bistros on the Esplanade, the first and second floors. There are many dining options near the Eiffel Tower, too.
A. Yes. You can photograph in and around the Eiffel Tower at night. However, it's illegal to share, sell, or publish photos and videos of the night-lit Eiffel Tower without prior permission from the Société d’Exploitation de la Tour Eiffel.
A. Apart from the fact that it is far less crowded and the view of Paris from the Eiffel Tower at night is mesmerizing.
A. You can see the City of Lights all lit up and beautiful from a vantage point in the center of the city. You can also dine from exclusive gourmet restaurants in the Eiffel Tower and make it a memorable experience.
A. It is centrally located so you can explore the city on foot or by bus. Book a riverboat cruise along the Seine or walk along the river. Explore Paris on foot to take in the sights and sounds of this romantic city at night.