Eiffel Tower Second Floor
One of the most iconic tourist attractions in the world, the Eiffel Tower is the crowning jewel of the spectacular city of Paris.
The Iron Lady is divided into three sections, first floor, second floor, and the summit, each offering a fresh experience that's different from the others. If you have questions about what the Eiffel Tower second floor entails and how to find the best Eiffel Tower tickets, our comprehensive guide has you covered.
Why Visit The Eiffel Tower Second Floor?
Is the Eiffel Tower second floor worth your time? Definitely! Here are some reasons why:
- Eiffel Tower second floor views are unparalleled. In fact, according to many visitors, the view from the second floor is even better than from the summit.
- While on the second floor, you can enjoy a delicious meal at the Jules Verne Restaurant. Experience French excellence at this fine dining restaurant that is located 125 m above ground level
- You can witness iconic Parisian landmarks, including the Louvre, Notre Dame, Grand Palais, the Seine River, Montmartre and more
- The Eiffel Tower second floor is also home to the Seine Gift Shop where you can buy unique souvenirs of Paris.
How To Get To The Second Floor Of The Eiffel Tower?
There are two ways you can get to the Eiffel Tower second floor:
- By stairs: You can take the steps from the Esplanade to the second floor. You'll have to climb about 674 steps to get to the second floor. The staircase is located at the South Pillar and marked by a blue flag.
- By lift: You will have to specifically purchase tickets that provide lift access to the Eiffel Tower second floor. The entrance to the lift is located at both the East and West Pillars. If you have purchased tickets online, head towards a green flag that will direct you towards the lift; if you haven't purchased a ticket, go towards the queues near the yellow flag and purchase it near the ticket booth.
Eiffel Tower Second Floor FAQs
Q. How many steps are there to reach the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. There are exactly 674 steps from the bottom to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower. In total, there are 1665 steps from the base to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
Q. How high is the second floor of Eiffel Tower?
A. The Eiffel Tower second floor is located at a height of 115 meters from the ground.
Q. Can I buy skip the line tickets to get to the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. Yes. You can buy Eiffel Tower skip the line tickets to get to the second floor. You can bypass the long lines and get to your destination faster.
Q. How do I get to the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. You can take either the lift or the stairs to get to the Eiffel Tower 2nd floor. The entrance to the elevator is located in the East and West towers, while the entrance to the stairs is at the South Pillar.
Q. Can I go to the summit from the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. Yes. Most Eiffel Tower tickets come with the option to upgrade to the summit from the second floor. You have to pay an additional amount for this and can then take the elevator on the Eiffel Tower second floor up to the summit.
Q. What are my dining options on the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. You can dine at the iconic Michelin-star Jules Verne restaurant. Alternatively, you can also have a light meal at the buffet and grab dessert at the macaroon bar.
Q. What can I do at the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. You can observe various Parisian Landmarks like the Louvre Museum and Seine River, dine and shop at the Eiffel Tower 2nd floor.
Q. Should I take the stairs or the elevator to the Eiffel Tower second floor?
A. You can take both the stairs or the elevator to the Eiffel Tower 2nd floor. The stairs are the faster, more economical option, while the elevator gives you fast-track access to the 2nd floor but is more expensive.